Hello.

Hello... You may be thinking, how is this blog any different to the millions of blogs out there... well, I have created a unique site, unique to me (my pregnancy, my delivery & finally motherhood) which will continue to expand on my experiences, new ideas, challenges & successes along the way! Hope you enjoy. Feel free to look around :)
When scrolling down to the bottom of the screen, don't forget to click Older Posts to see what's on the next page!

A Toddler's Diet!

I am currently, and actually have been for a while, in this phase of trying to get my child to eat! Not an easy task. He really used to eat SO well... then we went on vacation, he had his first birthday, the grandparents spoilt him and... I came back with a fussy eater.

With the help of Andalene Salvesen (AKA Super Granny) my son is back to eating super healthy scrumptious meals most of the time. Her ideas have been fantastic, and I'd love to share with you some of my favourite recipes...

A complete breakfast for a toddler: Smoothie!!!

Put into the blender:
1 x banana
A small handful of mixed berries (I use blue berries & raspberries)
1 x heaped Table spoon crushed almonds
1 x heaped Table spoon crushed oats (I blend these ahead of time)
1 x heaped Table spoon plain full-fat yoghurt (or a bit more depending on the size of the fruit)
A touch of full-fat goat milk

Blend & Pour into a cup with a straw. Make sure there are no lumps and that the consistency is smooth and easy to drink through the straw.

If your little one is used to sweet, sugary foods, try adding a spoon of honey to the smoothie, and slowly wean them off.

The great thing about this smoothie is that it's filled with energy, protein & carbs all in one! Also, the dairy intake is LOW which is great!


Next on the menu...
Lunch: Delicious Broccoli Pancakes

Mix together:
1x cup water
1x cup pancake mix
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup broccoli puree
(Fresh broccoli in bulk - steam - puree - 1/2 cup portions in freezer bags - freeze - defrost in warm water when ready to use)

Batter should be lumpy
Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray
Spoon 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the pan
Cook until lightly brown
Serve with a dash of *HONEY*



Yummy!



3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Breakfast sounds awesome for everyone actually. My daughter is a good eater but now she is in school there are two snack times in which one is meant to be lunch. So for her eating her usual plated salad and cheese is a bit tricky to pack along with a morning snack and to be fresh 5 hours out of refrigeration is a challenge. So these broccoli pancakes sound great. Especially as I'm already pureeing for my baby. Might substitute the broccoli for other purees happening in our home now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! I have a variety of home made purees in my freezer, all bagged into 1/2 cup portions. I've also tried making these pancakes with sweet potato! Also VERY yummy and my fussy toddler just gobbles them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic ideas! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete