Hello.

Hello... You may be thinking, how is this blog any different to the millions of blogs out there... well, I have created a unique site, unique to me (my pregnancy, my delivery & finally motherhood) which will continue to expand on my experiences, new ideas, challenges & successes along the way! Hope you enjoy. Feel free to look around :)
When scrolling down to the bottom of the screen, don't forget to click Older Posts to see what's on the next page!

Pampering Must Have's & Do's

I LOVED Victoria Beckham's book 'That Extra Half an Inch'. One of her chapters was entirely dedicated to Pregnancy & Post Pregnancy...

"Things have really become so much better within the past decade, thanks in no small part to labels like Juicy Couture and Seven who have started doing maternity clothes, proving that just because a woman gets pregnant doesn't mean she abandons her sense of style, and also that there is a huge market out their for nice maternity wear."

Some of VB's Pregnancy Love's...
  • Ponchos - they have room for your tummy, boobs and back!
  • Maternity jeans - yuck! So she makes her own by cutting V-shapes in the sides by the pockets and stitching in elastic.
  • Avoid buying into the cliche' of how a pregnant woman should dress (ie. frumpy tent dresses & smock tops)
  • Play up the parts of your body you feel fine about and be discreet with the parts you aren't so happy with.
  • Don't make ANY drastic appearances to your physical body, you're often very hormonal and not thinking straight!
  • Find ways to look, and more importantly feel confident about your appearance during pregnancy. 
  • The number one item every pregnant woman needs is a wrap dress!!!
  • It is essential that you get a good maternity bra!
  • This is one time in your life when little empire-line vests & tops work with a big bust.
  • Really, you just need your maternity clothes to be practical.
  • Indulge yourself with some beauty treatments!
  • Slathering yourself in really delicious body moisturizers will make you feel happier in your skin - and sexier - and can be a good way to help prevent stretch marks.
  • Massages are amazingly good for you too, as is the occasional facial.
  • During ALL her pregnancies, one product she really relied on was Elemis's Japanese Camellia Oil. One of the few aromatherapy oils you can put on yourself when pregnant. Apply to tummy, bottom, thighs and boobs!
  • Have loads of comfortable tracksuits & pyjamas to wear after giving birth.
VB's FAB Pampering Beauty Products...
  • Eight Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden
  • Eight Hour Hand Cream by Elizabeth Arden
  • Shielding Lip Balm by Prada
  • Bubble bath by Radox
  • Paradise Found Body Scrub by Origins
  • Caviar Anti-Aging Conditioner by Alterna
  • Make-up by MAC & Bobbi Brown
  • Make-up brushes by MAC & Bobbi Brown
  • Nail polish by NARS
  • Instant Fake Tan by St.Tropez
  • Creme de Corps Nurturing Body Washing Cream by Kiehl's
  • Daily Moisturizers by Dermalogica, La Prairie & The Body Shop
  • Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath & Body Cream by Laura Mercier
  • Super-rich Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Body Cream by Mama Mia
  • Exfoliating Gloves & Body Butter By The Body Shop
  • PERFUME!
My Own Pampering Must Have's & Do's...

I agree with treating and spoiling yourself wherever you can! Believe me, once the baby has arrived, it will be ALL about the baby, and not about the mommy ;)

My best treats were... a foot rub by my hubby, a full body pregnancy massage at the spa and the occasional prezzie for ME (and not the baby) ie. journals & note pads, body creams & moisturizers, make-up and flowers!!! Who doesn't like being spoilt?

Take the TIME to spoil yourself... often setting aside time JUST for you is a treat in itself. One of my favourite 'spoils' was a candlelit bubble bath, glass of wine, ferrero rocher chocolates & a good book! 

Reading in general (be it a mag, book or IKEA catalogue) was a 'spoil'. I didn't think it at the time, but NOW I do!

Sun tanning at the pool! Once baby arrives, days spent leisurely in the sun are few and far between.

Spring Cleaning! Some people find this fun... I am one of them! However, what used to take me a few days to do, can now take up to a month. I remember setting aside a whole day to declutter or revamp a room. There is no such thing as dedicating your whole day to any ONE thing when there's a baby around! 
Interruptions galore ;)

Start a hobby! Whether it's scrap booking or a low-impact sport. If you're fortunate enough to stay at home, or have the afternoons off, use your time wisely and invest in what I like to call 'ME time'. 

Fill in a pregnancy journal, update your facebook page with pics and scans, email friends and family, go out for coffees & movies, spend time with the girls and have loads of 'date nights' with hubby!

My ultimate FAVOURITE... decorate the nursery!!! I started designing my nursery wayyyy before I fell pregnant. I actually began gathering ideas when I first started studying Interior Design. I knew exactly what I had in mind, and thankfully hubby liked my taste! 
Doing up my first nursery brought me GREAT pleasure, and hours of fun! There's something quite therapeutic about folding away little clothes and shoes! And along with that buying ADORABLE little outfits... including the treasured Dior Shoes I bought about 5 years prior for my little girl, one day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment